Why the Markham Rotary Ribfest and Downtown Markham?
Downtown Markham is a community development project like no other. Building a community that promotes a balanced life, work and play lifestyle is clearly one of the driving forces behind the success of The Remington Group. From the integration of artwork in the architecture to the 5000+ parking spaces and 2 million sq. ft. of retail and dining, the popularity and excitement of Downtown Markham continues to grow. We believe that the Markham Rotary Ribfest is the perfect event for Downtown Markham and we are so excited to partner with The Remington Group to bring our event to Downtown Markham. With our event expertise, the Rotary Club of Markham Sunrise is the perfect partner to help make Downtown Markham “the place to come to and the place to come back to”.
Markham Rotary Ribfest is:
July 6 – 8, 2018 At Downtown Markham, 179 Enterprise Blvd. (East Parking Lot)
The annual Markham Rotary Ribfest is our marquee event, which, over the past 15 years has attracted tens of thousands of people annually and has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Markham Rotary Foundation in support of local and international humanitarian causes. This year is going to be bigger and better because of:
- Food – Guests will enjoy a diverse selection of 15 delightful Food Trucks and 8 award winning Ribbers.
- Beer Tent – Guests will enjoy one of Mill St.’s award winning beers or ciders. If beer or cider isn’t their thing, we will have coolers and wine too!
- Entertainment – It’s All About the Experience!!! Guests will witness non-stop entertainment throughout the entire event. Our extraordinary lineup of entertainment includes:
- Local musicians, performing artists and entertainers
- Children’s play village, midway games and amusement rides
- Facility –Providing our guests with access to the retailers and facilities of Downtown Markham. The vast parking provided will enhance the overall guest experience and generate traffic for local businesses. We are also bringing in larger shade tents to keep our guests comfortable.
- Marketing – We have partnered with Nvision Solutions – a leading web design company, and with our marketing team, are ensuring that sponsor brands are creatively highlighted throughout the event: online, onsite, on social media, and in all event promotion and advertising.
- Focus – We are focusing all of our resources on Food, Fun and Entertainment to provide our guests with the best possible experience. (Sponsorship booths are available conditional on sponsorship level)
Purpose of Markham Rotary Ribfest
Markham Rotary Ribfest started because The Rotary Club of Markham Sunrise made a commitment to provide service to the Markham community and to participate in the humanitarian efforts of Rotary International. We decided the best way to achieve these objectives was to organize an event that would give our community a place to enjoy food and entertainment, connect and celebrate Markham’s rich diversity.
The Rotary Club of Markham Sunrise is one of thirty-five thousands clubs throughout the world with over 1.2 million members, both women and men, striving to help people in need, trying to improve health where disease is rampant, where poverty exists, and providing cultural and educational exchanges to further the ideal of World Peace and Understanding. Our Rotary Club is made up of members who represent various businesses or professions. Every member is a leader in his or her field. In this way, our Rotary Club represents a cross-section of the community and is a balanced organization. Members work as a team, reaching out to the community at large, to be of service.
Since its inception in 1997, our Club has engaged in several projects in both the local and world community. We are strong supporters of Markham-Stouffville Hospital and have contributed to local organizations that support the elderly, the ailing, the functionally disabled, and the families and youth of our community. In co-operation with other Rotary Clubs worldwide, we regularly assist third world countries by providing much needed services, the most prominent being the End Polio Now Program that, since 1985, has had the goal of globally eradicating Polio. We encourage the achievement of high standards of excellence with leadership training seminars for our members, Group Study programs and annual awards to students and members of our police and fire departments.
We have come a long way, but we still need your support. Your generous contribution will help us realize our vision of Markham Rotary Ribfest becoming Markham’s Premier Summer Festival.
Your generous contribution will help us reach our 2018 Fundraising Goal of $50,000
$20,000 annual or $15,000/year for 3 year contract
- Event name will be Markham Rotary Ribfest presented by Presenting Partner
- Presenting Partner logo to appear in any mention of the event in all Advertising and Editorial coverage
- Presenting Partner to appear on all signage at event location
- Presenting Partner to appear on website with a link to partner website
- Presenting Partner integration in all Social Media posts
- Presenting Partner to provide banners to be placed on site in high traffic areas
- Representative from Presenting Partner to be included in Opening Ceremony with local dignitaries, on judging panel of Rib Tasting Competition, and to present awards on stage.
- Presenting Partner to receive a prime location on site for display or booth for public relations
- Additional creative marketing and cross promotional exposure to be discussed
$5,000 annual per zone
- Kids Zone
- Ribber Zone
- Food Truck Zone
Entertainment Zone– Sold
- Beer Garden
- Desired Zone naming at event, i.e. [Company Name] Food Truck Zone
- Company name to appear on all signage as Zone Sponsor at event
- Company name to appear as Zone Sponsor in Print Advertising
- Company name to appear on website as Zone Sponsor with a link to company website
- Company name to appear in Social Media posts when Zone is mentioned
- Company to provide banners to be placed onsite in the sponsored zone
- Company to receive a location onsite for display or booth for public relations in their zone
- Banner displayed at event grounds
- Logo on all print marketing material
- Logo, web link and text recognition on event website and social media feeds
Mike Zenteno Lise Lauzon Joe Chen
(416) 627-7266 (647) 294-3501 (416) 708-2723