Why the Markham Rotary Ribfest and Downtown Markham?
Downtown Markham by The Remington Group is a community development project like no other. Building a community that promotes a balanced life, work and play lifestyle is clearly one of the driving forces behind the success of The Remington Group. From the integration of artwork in the architecture to the 5000+ parking spaces and 2 million sq. ft. for retail and dining, the popularity and excitement of Downtown Markham continues to grow. We believe that the Markham Rotary Ribfest is the perfect event for Downtown Markham and we are so excited to partner with The Remington Group to bring our event to Downtown Markham. With our event expertise, the Rotary Club of Markham Sunrise is the perfect partner to help make Downtown Markham “the place to come to and the place to come back to”.
Dr. Bear Program at the Markham Stouffville Hospital is our 2019 Charity of Choice for the local community. The Dr. Bear Program is a Surgical Preadmission Program for paediatric patients (ages 4-12). This family-centred program helps both children and their parents prepare for surgery. Families are given a tour of the operating and recovery room and the children are exposed to some of the medical equipment that is commonly used. Patient care staffs also meet with the families to answer questions and keep their minds at ease. Children are given a colouring book and a cuddly teddy bear to be their safe companion during their surgery. This wonderful program helps bring comfort and security to some of our youngest patients at the Markham Stouffville Hospital.
The 2019 Markham Rotary Ribfest:
July 5 – 7, 2019
At Downtown Markham, 179 Enterprise Blvd. (East Parking Lot)
The annual Markham Rotary Ribfest is our marquee event, which, over the past 16 years has attracted typically 25,000 to 30,000 people annually and has raised funds for the Markham Rotary Foundation in support of local and international humanitarian causes. This year is going to be bigger and better because of:
- Food – Guests will enjoy a diverse selection of 15 delightful Food Trucks and 8 award winning Ribbers.
- Beer Tent – Guests will enjoy one of Mill St.’s award winning beers or ciders. If beer or cider isn’t their thing, we will have coolers and wine too!
- Entertainment – It’s All About the Experience!!! Guests will witness non-stop entertainment throughout the entire event. Our extraordinary lineup of entertainment includes:
- Local musicians, performing artists and entertainers
- Children’s play village, midway games and amusement rides
- Facility –Providing our guests with access to the retailers and facilities of Downtown Markham. The vast parking provided will enhance the overall guest experience and generate traffic for local businesses. We are also bringing in larger shade tents to keep our guests comfortable.
- Marketing – We have partnered with Nvision Solutions – a leading web design company, and with our marketing team, are ensuring that sponsor brands are creatively highlighted throughout the event: online, onsite, on social media, and in all event promotion and advertising.
- Focus – We are focusing all of our resources on Food, Fun and Entertainment to provide our guests with the best possible experience. (Sponsorship booths are available conditional on sponsorship level)
Purpose of Markham Rotary Ribfest
The Markham Rotary Ribfest is about community. A community event to bring people from all diverse backgrounds together to enjoy a traditional Canadian summer festival over food, drink and music, to meet up with friends, neighbours and making new ones. We aim to make Markham and York Region a better place to live, by raising money to give back to the community from the Ribfest admissions. Over the life of the event since 2003, the Markham Rotary Ribfest has raised funds for over 20 local charities.
Our Ribbers are world class BBQ experts cooking up traditional Southern Ontario summer country flare. Our food trucks serve up our favourites Canadian specialities such as poutine, corn roasts, blooming onions, funnel cakes and beaver tails. Music is an important part of Markham Rotary Ribfest. We emphasize on local musicians and bands, to give them exposure, an opportunity to perform on a professional stage in front of big crowds and a diverse audience. To entertain the younger folks, we also have amusement rides and midway games. Markham Rotary Ribfest is the destination for the community, to gather and experience a traditional Canadian summer festival of outdoor fun in an urban setting.
The Rotary Club of Markham Sunrise has a commitment to provide services to the Markham community and to participate in the humanitarian efforts of Rotary International. The Markham Rotary Ribfest provides us with the opportunity to fundraise in order to achieve these objectives, by organizing a truly Canadian summer festival for the community.
For 2019, our Charity of Choice for the local community is the Dr. Bear Program at the Markham-Stouffville Hospital. For international charity projects, we support Rotary International Foundation projects, such as the End Polio Campaign, Water & Sanitation Projects in Africa, etc. 100% of our admission charge collected at the gate goes to our Charities of choice.
We need your support! Your generous sponsorships will help us organize a premier community event in Markham. With your support, the Markham Rotary Ribfest will become Markham’s Premier Summer Festival.
Your generous contribution will help us reach our 2019 Fundraising Goal of $100,000
$20,000 annual or $15,000/year for 3 year contract
- Event name will be Markham Rotary Ribfest presented by Presenting Partner
- Presenting Partner logo to appear in any mention of the event in all Advertising and Editorial coverage
- Presenting Partner to appear on all signage at event location
- Presenting Partner to appear on website with a link to partner website
- Presenting Partner integration in all Social Media posts
- Presenting Partner to provide banners to be placed on site in high traffic areas
- Representative from Presenting Partner to be included in Opening Ceremony with local dignitaries, on judging panel of Rib Tasting Competition, and to present awards on stage.
- Presenting Partner to receive a prime location on site for display or booth for public relations
- Additional creative marketing and cross promotional exposure to be discussed
$5,000 annual per zone
- Kids Zone
- Ribber Zone
- Food Truck Zone
Entertainment Zone– Sold
- Beer Garden
- Desired Zone naming at event, i.e. [Company Name] Food Truck Zone
- Company name to appear on all signage as Zone Sponsor at event
- Company name to appear as Zone Sponsor in Print Advertising
- Company name to appear on website as Zone Sponsor with a link to company website
- Company name to appear in Social Media posts when Zone is mentioned
- Company to provide banners to be placed onsite in the sponsored zone
- Company to receive a location onsite for display or booth for public relations in their zone
- Banner displayed at event grounds
- Logo on all print marketing material
- Logo, web link and text recognition on event website and social media feeds
Cheryl (CJ) Jones